Monday, December 21, 2009

Reigning desktop wall paper

Ultimates Gatefold Cover by liquidology





OK I got to plug this guy before I go on. Liquiology is the cat who threw this lil ditty together.
This guy is rocking over at Deviantart. So please go check him or her out!! DO IT!!! NOW!!!!
I wanted to share with you my current reigning desktop. Now I change my desktop more than I change my underware so believe me when I tell you that to be up for more than 3 days is amazing. Well this bad boy has. I have done no research into the image or its creators. I say my hat off to the guys that did this.
I like this image for two maybe three reasons.

It inpires me. It really, does there is so much art involved in making this great piece, and the power it invokes is amazing. The classic clash with the classic heros and villians, drawn with a modern style. There is so much depth in the whole image, yet you find yourself seamlessly moving from one character and then back to the awesomeness of the whole scene.

Secondly these are our gods. Norse gods, Greek, Roman, Chinese, the list goes on and on. Gods of war, mischief, messengers of speed, almighty sons. Always locked in the constant dramatic struggle for power, for freedom, the people, for the good of mankind. These are indeed those gods.

So yeah this piece just reeks of holy awesomeness at its very core. I imagine that on the many long nights of trying to carve out my place in the world this epic image of modern day gods preparing to do battle will be stared at for a long freaking time for inspiration.

Just thought I'd share.
Good night and lord help us all

0 comments: